Wednesday, July 04, 2007


So we're off to Manning Provincial Park for a couple days, camping with the highly esteemed Robbins family. Or, as I like to say, Robbins 8th and Walnut, for those of you who have ever heard those radio ads on Philadelphia's WMMR or WYSP for some diamond place. Alas, I digress.
Above, the boy Baker is on the warning track at Seattle's Safeco Field. What a day a couple Sunday's ago! A free Raul Ibanez cap, some kind of family parade wherein we got to walk on the field, Ken Griffey Jr. hits two bombs, the Mariners pull off a suicide squeeze, and J.J. Putz comes in an closes it out. A great time.
Because of my high fear quotient, I've kind of backed off from the bike racing a tad. I'm still riding a lot and riding hard, doing the Donut Ride on Saturdays, but I'm taking my introduction to the sport a little more slowly. No criteriums. I'll try the Nooksack Omnium. Again, no criteriums. Mount Baker Hill Climb. Maybe the Crystal Mountain Time Trial if I don't head to Penticton, B.C., to sign up for Ironman Canada. No criteriums. (Did I mention that?) STP in couple weeks. Maybe this crazy ride from Burlington to Artist Point and back--150 miles with some 6,000 feet elevation gain. But I repeat, no criteriums.

No comments:

Post a Comment