Saturday, May 23, 2009

SKI TO SEA MOUNTAIN BIKE COURSE VIDEOS

(Just added a second video at the bottom.)

Here's a quick vid shot today of the new Ski to Sea mountain bike course designed by Charlie Heggem and others whose names escape me right now. Pretty fun, pretty darn challenging. Lots of lumpy, bumpy fields, but thankfully many wide stretches on which to pass and be passed, and, if my calculations are correct, a fair amount of mud in certain spots. One fun bit not captured on the vid (my disk had filled up) includes the bumpity-bumpity railroad tracks down by Squalicum Parkway with about a mile to go to the finish. I expect the phrase "Are these really necessary at this point?" will play about more that one rider's mind.

NOTE: Seattle Times columnist Ron Judd and his lovely wife, EmJay, make an appearance about halfway through the video.

NOTE II (About three hours later): I just pulled three thorns from my front tire. Also, my bike reeks with a certain sewage-terpentiney funk, I believe picked up from riding through the giant goo puddle at the end of the RR track section.

JUST ADDED:

:

2 comments:

  1. Mike
    Had lunch today with Charlie Heggem, and he told me about your blog and videos. I've linked your ski to sea mtn bike videos to www.skitosea.com

    great videos!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Thanks, Mel!

    - McQ

    ReplyDelete