Sunday, January 10, 2010

JANUARY HEAT WAVE

Saturday's forecast was for rain (not showers), temps in the 40s, and a fair amount of wind so it's a no-brainer; I'll stay in. Turns out to be 62 degrees, mostly clear skies and only the gentlest of breezes--D'oh! I missed out. Luckily, Sunday turned out to be close to as nice so I hit the Lost Lake loop with Mellow Johnny Clark, Professor Steve Vanderstaay and nice guy newcomer, Dave, who's last name I quickly forgot. Saw Ryan Stiles and friends at the Upfront last night. Hilarious, and when Stiles asked Baker (our 10-year-old) to come up with a name for a made-up fairytale, Bake says "The Enthusiastic Screwdriver." Hilarity ensued, that's sure. Saw Cody Rivers' latest show this past Thursday--indescribably brilliant, is all I can say. (www.codyrivers.com)
Me, Dave, Clark and Vanderstaay. Below, a pileated woodpecker we saw just as we got back into town.

Lastly, on Tuesday at the Chuckanut Radio Hour, I'll be reading a humorous (hopefully) essay I wrote about trying to play "Purple Haze" at my high school talent show before I'd learned how to play guitar. Pretty silly. It's at the Leopold Ballroom in downtown Bellingham. (http://villagebooks.com/chuckanut-radio-hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment