Thursday, October 18, 2012

SKAGIT BICYCLE CLUB MEETING; WOOLLEY 'CROSS

Shout out of thanks to the Skagit bicycle club for having me as the featured presenter-type person at their Annual Meeting. What a great group of folks!

Alderwood REI is next, on Tuesday, Oct. 23. (Next week!) I'd love to see you there! 

Wanted to mention why I didn't end up racing last Sunday's Klicks Padden Duathlon as planned. When I woke that morning to howling 30 to 40 m.p.h. winds--the first real windstorm of the season--it was pretty much a no-brainer: I ain't racin' on them heavily forested back trails at Lake Padden. I've already been hit by one falling tree and ended up in the ER sporting a bloody goatee (see below); I didn't need a repeat performance. Read about that here.

Looking forward to Saturday's Woolley Cross down in Sedro-Town. Should be fun 'n' muddy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment