Tuesday, May 22, 2007

MUTUAL OF ENUMCLAW STAGE RACE



Enumclaw stage race this past weekend. Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race, actually, which reminds me of the old TV show, "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" wherein the host, Marlin Perkins, would safely crouch behind a giant boulder whilst Jim would approach the rabid wildebeest to yank a thorn from its paw. But I digress.

Fanatik's Celio Guifarro, as you can see in the top photo, wins the Cat 4 Crit. Way to go, Celio!

I won the Masters C/D Crit with an epic push over the final three laps -- no, wait, that's not true at all. I got yanked, a whistle blown at me (how rude) and the off-with-his-head motion made, after 18 minutes of the 30-minute Crit. Voted off the island, as it were. But at least I really hated the experience and will probably never ever do another Crit as long as I live.

Time Trial was kinda cool. Rode 6 miles in 16 minutes and 2 seconds. (Which just sounds fast, doesn't it?) Good for 33rd out of 57 Masters C/D riders. However, had I done Cat 5, where there seemed to be a dearth of aero helmets, disk wheels, and time trial bikes (just like me), I would've been 8th. Which sounds better than thirty-frickin'-third, don't you think? So next time I think I'll ... anybody? ... that's right, I'll do Cat 5.

Woke up Sunday. Felt crummy. Skipped the road race. Drove home. Watched The Sopranos that night. Two episodes left.

I think Tony's going down.

1 comment:

  1. Now I feel bad about 5th in Cat5 enumclaw TT :-(

    ReplyDelete