Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SUNNY BELLINGHAM


For a week now Bellingham and I guess all of Western Washington has had the same glorious weather--70s and sunny with nary a cloud in the sky. Seems to happen every year like this. May teases us with a few nice weekends, June is cold and damp and referred to as Juneuary and then right after 4th of July, the good weather hits, the weather that makes you realize why you choose to live here. (This year it actually showed up on July 4th itself.) Long-range forecast looks great as well!

I had an mellow, unambitious ride planned today so I thought I'd take along the camera and shoot some Bellingham-in-her-summer finery pics. (By no means comprehensive; just what I saw on my 10-miler to Fairhaven and back.) Above, that cool Old-Timey bike mural I've passed a million times at the start of the South Bay Trail but know absolutely nothing about. (Why is that--we tend to know nothing about what's in our very backyard.)


Boulevard Park.


Some ambivalent folks trying to screw up the courage to jump from Taylor Dock into the bone-chilling waters of Bellingham Bay. I didn't hang around long enough to find out if they ever got around to jumping.


Fairhaven's bustling Wednesday afternoon Farmer's Market.


Back in downtown B'ham at the north end of the Boulevard (South Bay) Trail, some residents anti-coal sentiments in evidence.  


At Squalicum Harbor on my way home, I watched some kids in a Youth Sailing course steering their boats in circles and almost crashing into each other . 

No comments:

Post a Comment