Sunday, April 25, 2010

LAST PARIS BATCH (MAYBE)

Well, we're back in the U.S. of A. and in fact I've already been on a 40-mile road ride with the boys--Scott TC (which now stands for Titanium Cancellara) Young and Mellow Johnny Boy Clark. I was jetlagged as hell but it was fun as heck nonetheless. I loved Paris to death but it's great to be back. Here's quite possibly the last batch of Paris pix. (Fer now.)
A golden girl at sunrise on the Jardin du Trocadero just across the River Seine from Tour Eiffel. (Am I impressing you by using the French names for landmarks?)
 The top pic was taken during an early morning run; moments later, I came across this photo shoot taking place using the Tour Eiffel as a backdrop.
View south from atop the Arc de Triomphe.
For a small guy, Napoleon sure was buried in a big box. 
  Painter painting a painting of Napoleon at Musee de l'Armee.   
Coolest guy in the world. Came across this jazz combo in Monmartre and the seated guitarist in the black jacket had serious major crazy chops. His fingers flew like a butterfly or hummingbird or something all over the neck of his guitar. I was awestruck and mesmerized and I--I must confess--am in no way, shape or form, a jazzer. Thus, I dubbed him the coolest guy in the world. (Looks a bit like Fabian Cancellara too.)
Sculpted detail at Notre Dame.
Uh, ... ick.
The Wall for Peace at Parc du Champ de Mars. Ironically, the domed building in the reflection is Ecole Militaire, an elite military academy that Napoleon once attended.  
  Bake and I attach our family love lock on a pedestrian bridge over the Seine.

Rue du Champs de Mars, the street where we lived.
The family at Jardin du Luxembourg, Bake's favorite place in Paris. (Because of the cool playground.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment